Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNC Wooden Gear Clock Cutting?

Have you considered the clocks at woodentimes? Some of his designs are available as precut kits from 10 layer baltic birch. You build the frame and do all of the assembly.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Peterson View Post
    Have you considered the clocks at woodentimes? Some of his designs are available as precut kits from 10 layer baltic birch. You build the frame and do all of the assembly.
    I couldn't find the list of construction materials... Most of his clocks are similar designs, not appealing to me.

Mr Boyer needs a different cnc.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

As someone else pointed out, cutting parts is one thing, getting it to run is another.

BTW, those are not "gears" like most people think of "gears", they are a variety that is sometimes called "pin gears".

If you are going to have someone cut the gears, also think of having them cut the mounting plates as well. Center to center distance on gears makes a huge difference in how they run. The accuracy is really only important as far as how they turn with each other, they can be sloppy, run, and the clock will still keep the correct time. You want smooth running because that conserves energy.