Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
The Aurora is a good lamp and it has the same long gooseneck as the Super Nova. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. We all have different needs, of course, but I find the brighter lamp perfect for the bandsaw - I position it behind my shoulder with two other lamps on either side. Perhaps if using JUST the bright light in a darkened area there may be issues with harsh shadows but this is not an issue with good room lighting. I even use a Super Nova at the drill press, plus an additional lamp. Too bad you can't try them all. Knowing Ken, I'd almost bet he would send one of each and let you return what you didn't want!

Ken said he uses the Beacon (least bright of the three) on his band saw. Other than his quick response last night, he impressed me by not automatically trying to steer me to his most expensive lamp. And, his return policy sounds liberal enough that I imagine if the Aurora isn't bright enough, he would let me exchange it.

The cheapo lamp I'm using is borderline, so I'm guessing the Aurora, at 5X the lumens, will be fine.