Thread: Could have used my chainsaw today.

Could have used my chainsaw today.

My daughter and I were in Griffith Park, Los Angeles, picking up free compost. These free trees were a bit to large to stick in the truck. I sure could have used my chainsaw!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

You ever read the Harry Bosch novels by Michael Connely?

A lot of them are set in the parks around L.A.. Kind of neat to see an actual picture of the place after reading about it in a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Fleisher View Post
    You ever read the Harry Bosch novels by Michael Connely?
    A lot of them are set in the parks around L.A.. Kind of neat to see an actual picture of the place after reading about it in a book.
    My wife likes to to visit places she reads about in books. We had been to Venice but after reading the Donna Leon "Commissario Brunetti" novels we had to visit places described in the books. Leon's descriptions of real places are incredible, even to details about specific little shops, views, things on the walk between places, and what's on the menu. Then with the real places in her mind she started reading them all again. Now after reading the Sara Alexi books she is planning a trip back to Greece! (She's also read the Connelly novels - I'll have to show her the pictures.)

Brian, I know people who always carry chainsaws in their vehicles- who knows what you might find on the side of the road! One guy installed a hydraulic jib hoist to load big chunks.

JKJ

4. Well Brian.....if you’re in a position of needing some turning wood, then why not call and see if you can bring your chainsaw and take a few pieces home.....offer a bowl to be made for the person who gives permission. Couldn’t hurt to try! Your Big Grizz 0800 can handle it!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I've got a big chainsaw, but would not want to tackle that stuff. WAAAAY to much work!

Those are some very large trees, any idea of what kind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    My daughter and I were in Griffith Park, Los Angeles, picking up free compost. These free trees were a bit to large to stick in the truck. I sure could have used my chainsaw!