Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fritz und Franz Jig complete

Quote Originally Posted by John Kee View Post
    Thanx for sharing the pic Dan, that's my setup I posted the to FOG a couple of years ago. F&F is definitely one of the best additions to any slider. Parallel guides are another indispensable setup in my world.
    That's funny, John - I just google imaged search "Fritz and Franz jig", and it was one of the first ones I saw showing the use on narrow strips. Very nice jig (and saw)!

Thanks for the answers guys. I had a Felder KF700 for over 10 years and never did thin or small strips on it, always reverting to a gripper push block on my Unisaw for those. Of course, I had never heard of F&F back then.

That really is inspiring for the extra small pieces. The F&F setup is what basically got me back to wanting a slider again, it looks very versatile and am anxious to get back to getting the new Griz up and running.

Rick P
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by mike holden View Post
    Check out the new Griggio "safe saw" - sawstop meets slider! Sawstop electronics and drop away blade but no brake, so blade is undamaged.
    Don't know if it is available here in the states yet, but it may be a "game changer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HmMKyZlcMM

Mike
    Mike that video has been for awhile, 2015 and its never been available to my knowledge. Martin uses some Griggio stuff for their entry level saws and with Festool parent corp owning Sawstop now it may be in limbo. My understanding is the european woodworking community isn't too taken with the Sawstop especially with the inherent safety of sliders in general.

I utilized Nancy's idea of using hold down devices attached to some T-nuts in the sliding wagon slots. Measure the slots in each direction and go to the Grizzly catalog in the metal working section where you will hopefully find the correct/slightly undersized T-nuts for your machine. You want it to be slightly undersized to easily slide in the slot, but not so tight it will bind. You may have to change the bolt size to fit the T-nut.

Nancy, not sure about the handle being gnarly, but I am curious about its orientation. With the handle tilted the way you have it, it would be similar to doing a dumbbell fly to keep pressure on it, and force you to walk the slider along by walking sideways - a little strange from my perspective. If the handle was tilted the opposite way (aft part of the handle to the right and fwd handle to the left), it would be more of a pushing movement (less tiring on muscles) and let you walk the slide in a more-efficient forward walking movement. Just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    I utilized Nancy's idea of using hold down devices attached to some T-nuts in the sliding wagon slots. Measure the slots in each direction and go to the Grizzly catalog in the metal working section where you will hopefully find the correct/slightly undersized T-nuts for your machine. You want it to be slightly undersized to easily slide in the slot, but not so tight it will bind. You may have to change the bolt size to fit the T-nut.
    Mike, I thought about doing this (for the non-handled portion of the jig), but it seems like you'd need to "slide" it into the wagon from one end (versus just dropping it into the slot at any point along the wagon)?

I like the idea of not needing to butt one portion of the jig against the back of the crosscut fence, but not sure how this would work...

Keith, i think you're right on this, i'll make the change!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Strevelowski View Post
    All, just finished my Fritz und Franz jig last night. Works like charm really opening up the possibilities with the slider.

any comments or suggestions? Handle is gnarly, i know, what a quick and dirty, but works great and free from scraps.

Nancy
    Looks good Nancy, fancier than mine, mine doesn't have any T track or stops.

Of course mine does have the official "Fritz und Franz" green T slot molding

My only suggestion is that to me, the handle appears backwards, I would rotate it 180 degrees to make it more comfortable......Happy New Year........Rod.