Thread: cant login on iphone

cant login on iphone

Hate to bug you all, but this has been going on for a long time. If you have an iphone, please let me know if you can log into this site. Specify s/w version, and iPhone model. Mine is a 7+ with the very latest ios 11.2.1 version. I've had issues ever since 11 was introduced. Went to Apple Store today and no phone or iPad they had would log into site. I'm beginning to think there is a website issue.

And yes, I can log in on a desktop.

Mike

No issues, iPhone 6S+, latest 11.2.1 iOS. Chrome for iOS browser. (I don't normally access from my phone, but tested to respond to your issue.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

About 40% of our traffic is from mobile users. Access has always be a bit sketchy for some mobile users, the last 24 hours has been bad for everyone. Soon we will be running Xenforo which has built-in support for mobile devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    No issues, iPhone 6S+, latest 11.2.1 iOS. Chrome for iOS browser. (I don't normally access from my phone, but tested to respond to your issue. Jim Forum Moderator
    Well, my theory is that usernames with an apostrophe is the issue. Would need someone here with an apostrophe in their username and an iphone and using safari to verify. I am having this issue on other sites where my username is my real name.

Mike, make sure you're hitting the server using HTTP not HTTPS from your iPhone at the present time. In some cases, the special characters seem to be interpreted as multiple character strings rather than the actual character you want in the current forum software...and that would effectively be changing your user name to something the forum doesn't recognize. As Keith mentioned, we are soon migrating to different forum software that is a lot more mobile friendly (natively) and should solve a number of other issues that have become quite frustrating with vBulletin.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim, I tried that, no help. I just checked, the other site I'm having trouble with is phpBB based.

The solution turned out to be removing apostrophe from my name. I wonder if anybody else bumped into this. I’m guessing rare. Clearly, it’s an iOS thing. As it always used to work. I’ve requested a bug report at apple support. Thank you