Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EZCAD2 MFC Fails after 12/26/2017 Windows 10 Update

Most/many/some(?) of these come with a dual red LED setup like mine, and I also have a scissor table that raises and lowers since it's a 'portable' unit.
    -at the top left corner of the pic, on the front of the machine is the second LED pointer. If you look close you can almost see the red dots on the white piece-
    focus1.jpg
    Simple how it works, the lens LED never moves, but the second LED beam spot always moves in relation to the table height. The way the factory sets these up is, when in focus, the 2 beams converge as one. Well, my old eyes don't care for that so I have mine adjusted so the beams are close, but side by side.

When they're horizontal to each other, I'm in focus-
    focuson.jpg

Here the table is about 1/2mm too low-
    focuslo.jpg

and here the table is about 1/2mm too high
    focushi.jpg

-- I also have a couple of sticks cut to length too
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Hello to all of you.
    I have the solution for you, how to work with ezcad2 and windows 10, only i do not know how to upload files here.
    If you wish, please contact me and I will send it via email.

Quote Originally Posted by barak zipori View Post
    Hello to all of you.
    I have the solution for you, how to work with ezcad2 and windows 10, only i do not know how to upload files here.
    If you wish, please contact me and I will send it via email.
    Joined in 2009 and first post? You can copy and paste text out of your document and I am assuming that is what you have.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I have GWX Killer installed on all my machines that have internet access, it removes the entire package that nags constantly to upgrade to win10.

Win10 is utterly useless for around 80% of the machinery I have and runs so many services in the background it's simply impossible to use

Like Kev, if something isn't mission critical to have on the internet here...it doesn't get connected
    You did what !

Blog Entries
    Sorry John, Kev beat me to it. Yep, dual LEDs for 95% and I have a Chinese provided steel ruler that I've marked with correct heights.
    I use it a bit, but mainly as a check to make sure that the LED hasn't moved. It was loose (outside one) when I got it. It would be nice to be able to auto move up or down a mm or two..... But I've just a cheap machine.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Hello everyone I am having the same issue after Windows update. I am unable to roll back the update for some reason on my computer. I have contacted the software manufacturer sent them a picture of my main board and got a response to pay them $700 to update my main board. I just purchased this laser a couple of months ago through Amazon and it was working fine on Windows 10 until my computer updated overnight. EZ CAD says that the main board I am using is a knock off and not one of theirs. Therefore they will not support the software patch. I was able to download EZ CAD 2.14 from the internet and it opens on Windows 10 with the update without any problems. The only issue is it does not recognize my main board it says invalid. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here. I really do not want to spend $700 to update my main board and would prefer not to use a separate system with an older version of Windows if I can prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by lee wehmeier View Post
    EZ CAD says that the main board I am using is a knock off and not one of theirs.
    That's pretty funny, considering the EZCAD board is a knock off of a western designed and developed board, if I'm being told correctly.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Hello everyone I am having the same issue after Windows update. I am unable to roll back the update for some reason on my computer. I have contacted the software manufacturer sent them a picture of my main board and got a response to pay them $700 to update my main board. I just purchased this laser a couple of months ago through Amazon and it was working fine on Windows 10 until my computer updated overnight. EZ CAD says that the main board I am using is a knock off and not one of theirs. Therefore they will not support the software patch. I was able to download EZ CAD 2.14 from the internet and it opens on Windows 10 with the update without any problems. The only issue is it does not recognize my main board it says invalid. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here. I really do not want to spend $700 to update my main board and would prefer not to use a separate system with an older version of Windows if I can prevent it.
    I buy a Lot from Amazon and have received on occasion some knock off circuit boards and contacted Amazon and got a return memo. In your case I would get them to pay for the updated Legal board. I might note however even those with legit boards are having issues with Windows 10.

I use:
    Windows 98, XP and 7 (not 8 or 10)
    Corel X3 and X4 (not X8)
    Gravostyle 5.3 and the lame 7 (not 8)
    EzCad 2.5.4 (not 2.14.x)
    LaserSoft 7.01 (not 7.16)

Every time I upgrade anything, something screws up.

Will Win10 let you install a Win7 VM?
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Blog Entries
    Go and buy a $100 used Win 7 computer. Laptop is enough to drive EzCad. I use an ancient $199 Walmart special from 2011, so it don't take much.
    (takes 5 minutes to boot with nothing extra loading and battery is dead so I have to hook up to line all the time) Connect to network if you have one set up and pull designs from other computer. Yeah a pain, but you can at least be confident you can use EzCad as long as computer runs.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Yes I have an old laptop I can still use. But due to personal preference and shop design I would prefer to use only one computer. I also have a CO2 laser hooked up to the windows 10 machine using coreldraw, Photoshop and other software. I really just like being able to copy and past from one program to another (not export and save to usb) I know, I know I am asking for a lot...LOL

Although my control board is apparently a "Knock Off" it still uses the BJJZC LMCV2-USB driver. Does anyone have a copy of ezcad 2.14 or higher that supports this board? Am I missing something with the whole "license - Dongle" things I am just not getting? Is each version of EZcad designed for a specific board or is it assigned to a Serial Number?

I have been speaking with BJJCZ tech support and they are very angry that I have their software and driver but not their official control board. I explained to them that I purchased it on amazon with no way of knowing it was a knock off until they told me. Not that I care... but they should be mad at the seller not the buyer.

Just got back from vacation, and my damn Windows 10 pc auto-updated somehow. Now I'm also getting the MFC error and demo mode will not work. Remember too, this is a Tykma version of EZCAD. Oh and like you, my backups are all GONE. I have no idea what the heck just happened, as I made sure to keep this machine in its original form, which had no issues at all.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80 watt
    Synrad 30 Watt - CO2 Galvo
    LaserStar 3804 - 50 watt fiber - SPI Source
    Tykma Minilase - 20 watt fiber - SPI Source - (MOPA)
    CorelDraw X7

You have No Restore Points in Win 10 or Recovery Disk?

I had a Win 7 update a few weeks ago, yes now I have NO updates selected ever but I thought all Win 10 updates were mandatory?

On my Win 7 Issue I had to do a boot disk Restore to a point, and it saved my bacon.
    Yes all my Win 7 computers are set never to update now. I have Norton's for protection.

Quick update, I contacted TYKMA and they came through within minutes with a software update and it worked perfectly. Great customer service because I was freaking out.

Bill, like turning off all the admin shares and password crap in Win7 via a bunch of 'backdoors' and registry edits, you CAN shut off win10 automatic updates the same way-- but it won't do a bit of good if the computer will ever see the light of internet-day again. Because if it does, if your last update isn't the current one, it will not work whatsoever online until it updates first.
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter