Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bandsaw buying advice-talk me off the ledge!

Response: "The web site pricing is not accurate for shipping. The shipping will be less as these are just estimates."

I guess you'd need to call them or something. Not good, although their service has always been good in the past. I know that shipping has never been more than $10 - $12 or it would have gotten my attention.

I recently bought a Rikon 10-346. Great saw, will probably never need to upgrade, though I kept and use my old Delta 16" (3 wheeler). The Rikon is very stable and powerful.

The price included shipping, but it was $50 extra for the lift-gate delivery truck.

Quote Originally Posted by andy bessette View Post
    Forget about lower tier, like Jet and Grizzly. I bought my LIKE NEW 20" Agazzani for ~$1500 OFF C/L.
    Used saws for the win. My tools; Powermatic 87 for a grand. Weighs 1300 lbs. Cuts anything. 1939 Walker turner 14 inch bandsaw with carter guides and a kreg fence. perfect for scroll work and smaller cuts.

Next up will be a used Italian band saw I think. 20 inches or larger.

Or look for a 27 inch or 20 inch Northfield. I ahve seen several come up lately for a grand or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    The above bolded would seem to favor an Italian saw - MiniMax, Italian Laguna something like that. A Chevy or Ford will get you where you want to go safely but if your tastes run toward German automobiles you'd never really be happy with a Chevy or Ford. Grizzly has at least 2 lines of bandsaws, the G0513 & G0514 models. They also have what appears to be a line to compete with the Italian saws, G0636 being one. I think a member here has one of those and it quite happy with it. If you have time and skill an old industrial saw like Yates or Crescent might give you the quality you seek for reasonable $.
    Yates Y30 or Crescent 20 heavy is a different best. I am enough of a bandsaw fanatic to want one of them (or both of them!) also. Davis and Wells 20 inch should fit in there as well. Fantastic 20 inch band saw.

Hey Stephen,

I would love to hear your take on the jet 15. Still think so highly of it? I’m in the market, that’s why I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Byrd View Post
    Hey Stephen,

I would love to hear your take on the jet 15. Still think so highly of it? I’m in the market, that’s why I ask.
    You might want to start your own thread about this. Stephen hasn't logged in at the SMC in almost two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    You might want to start your own thread about this. Stephen hasn't logged in at the SMC in almost two years.
    Fantastic saw. Smooth, accurate, powerful! I was very impressed with it and would buy it again.
    Stephen
    Charlotte, NC

Blog Entries
    I have a 14" Jet with the riser block. I buy my blades on line because of the extra length. It is pretty much bulletproof.

I have the 14BX and it has been excellent for my needs. Back east I had the 16LT and regret not bringing it west when we moved. I have quit looking at the local FB Marketplace ads as there have been a number of big bandsaws and I can be tempted. The knobs/handles on the Laguna have held up well. I have resawn 8" walnut and white oak without issue. What bugs me about Laguna is their accessory pricing. They are very proud of them apparently. There was a deal on a big Aggazani recently. $1200. Ad said, "Works good, need it gone." Tempting! I seldom show such restraint