Thread: Best Place/Price For Pen Kits?

Best Place/Price For Pen Kits?

Looking to restock my dwindling pen kit stock. I try to buy during the sales to get the best prices. Any recommendations?

Where are you? In Canada, penblanks.ca. In the US, Beartooth Woods.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

It's not much help, but the answer is "it depends." Penn State, Beartooth Woods, Craft Supplies USA, and Exotic Blanks will all be the best buy at one time or another. Beartooth Woods and Exotic Blanks also offer 'Mix and Match' pricing for quantity discounts. And, there are several niche vendors as well. I haven't seen any After-Christmas sales pop up yet.
    Last edited by Art Moore; 12-26-2017 at 1:20 PM.

I have found the best way to save money is to make one HUGE order a year. I get the bulk pricing and I only pay for one shipment. The downside, I have the dollars invested in inventory that may become obsolete or unwanted.

I like to buy from the small guys. Turners Warehouse, Classic Nib, Exotic Blanks, Signature Pen Supply, etc. Check out the vendors section at the IAP website (International Association of Penturners).
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Arizona Silhouette

The Woodturning Store is now selling pen kits. I have turned several of them in the past weeks, they are good quality and the pricing is fantastic.

A place in Australia has good pricing, often free shipping and it gets to the states quickly..

http://www.timberbits.com/

Have bought from them and was very happy with quality, service, prices, etc...

www.bereahardwoods.com deserves mention as well - since they are the source for several of the other vendors mentioned above.