Thread: Wood Working Meets Quilting

Wood Working Meets Quilting

My wife is an avid quilter, and we live in the midwest, out in the country no less, on some acreage, with a barn. I thought I'd surprise here with a barn quilt for Christmas. This one is only 2' x 2'. I've offered to work with her on others. Note exactly wood working - more like crafting, but it was a fun little project.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a trivet I make and sell. This one is 7 inches square, 5/8 inch thick and is made of Walnut. The original pattern was a quilt pattern. I have a whole series of these quilt pattern trivets and coasters.

1-DSC_0501.JPG

Click to enlarge.

Hi Art,

What tool do you use to make the trivets? Interesting pattern.

Thanks,
    Tim Boger

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    Here is a trivet I make and sell. This one is 7 inches square, 5/8 inch thick and is made of Walnut. The original pattern was a quilt pattern. I have a whole series of these quilt pattern trivets and coasters.

1-DSC_0501.JPG

Click to enlarge.

I posted a Barn Quilt that I made in the Off Topic Form in October. I bet you got good points with your Barn Quilt, very nice.

Copy of Post:
    Hello, I have seen in post after post about how a Woodworking Project has complemented or has been used with a Quilted item. From seam rippers to material storage units. I wonder how many Woodworkers have a significant other in the Quilting world. I recently gave my wife a Barn Quilt for our anniversary. She has done many seat cushions, gift bags and the like for my projects.

Barn Quilt. Her sewing room is the upstairs. I get the rest of the barn.

A bench with quilted top

In full disclosure to my previous post: All I did was to paint the 4X4 PVC board white and then after a friend painted the Quilt, I put two coats of epoxy over everything. Then I hung it. It should have said, a Barn Quilt I gave my wife.

Camaster CNC router and 90 degree V bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Boger View Post
    Hi Art,

What tool do you use to make the trivets? Interesting pattern.

Thanks,
    Tim Boger