Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using canned spray foam to make flat free tires

John, there are not a lot of slopes...I'm sorry if it came off that way. But there's this "one spot" where one has to go around a tree (now stump) near the north driveway which places a lot of lateral pressure on the right-front wheel of the ZTR by the combination of the turn and the attitude by the road. It was popping the bead... EVERY. TIME. Maddening. I honestly don't feel any difference in "comfort" with the Marathon flat-free tires than I did with the original OEM SCAG pneumatics. Most of that comes from the rear tires which are nearly under the seat. (That Kubota ZTR is a wonderful machine...a leader in its class)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have flat free tires on my Z turn but also have an air ride seat that is way more comfortable than the spring style I tried out. I had a Cub Cadet Tank that had a pivot front axle that also had flat free tires on the front.

We have used foam filled tires on rubber tired all terrain cranes. (70,000 lb machine weight) It is definitely not the same foam that is used to fill cracks to stop air and insulate. It is heavy and very solid. It also doesn't flatten with use. The drawback is it also doesn't give like a tire with air in it. So it does ride rough. It is indeed a no turning back decision. However the rim comes apart on large equipment to not really an issue. The tires still wear out and receive damage from normal useage. They just don't go flat.
    As for suspension on a mower. I love my Simplicity Cobalt which is the twin to the Ferris 2100. Smoothest mower I have ever ran. I previously used a Dixie Chopper which was a great machine and gave me 16 good years. I hope this Simplicity is as good and may well be the last mower I ever buy.

Quote Originally Posted by michael langman View Post
    I would have tubes put in my tires before anything else. They will last for many many years.
    ^^^^This^^^^
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night