Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta 36-454 for First Table Saw?

I agree with Andy. Get the cabinet saw if you can afford it.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stites View Post
    Yeah, I'm just thinking that at $650 I'm close to the money of a used cabinet saw. For example, there's a 1990 3HP Powermatic Model 66 for sale locally for $1000. It's got a mobile base, 50" extension, Biesemeyer fence. It's funny the longer you look the higher your budget gets - I'm now strongly considering that saw. I tell myself: "it's just a little more and you'll probably never need anything else". LOL
    With that PM 66 TS you probably would never need another table saw. Big difference between want and need though. You sound dangerously, no deliciously, close to that slippery slope of OWWM. Come on in the water's great! :-)

Nice saw, but is high for an old style contractor saw with an outboard motor and no riving knife. At $500, it'd be a consideration, but $650 puts you too far into the range of a huge step up into a full cabinet saw.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....