Time to get busy. hauled two planks to the shop, tonight. Mr. Gumption picks some strange times to show up...
Marked the first one, in order to get two blanks out of it. Second one only had enough for one blank.....got out a saw..
handsawn.jpg
A D-112, and that big, old square. Was only trying for a rough length, fine tune after they are glued up.
Saw worked great, cut straight as the operator would allow and gave me a Cardio workout, as well. Second plank had quite a bit left over..
drawer front.jpg
Thinking either a door, or a drawer front. Camera wanted to turn things a reddish colour..
grain.jpg
And, somehow, I doubt IF that is flat sawn...
end grain.jpg
Doesn't quite look like it, does it? needed to joint a few edges, and get ready for a glue-up..
jointer work.jpg
Will see how the grain looks when I go to glue them up. Jointer?
Bailey No. 7c.jpg
Stanley No. 7c. Little square to check the edges for square. MK1 Eyeball to check the edge is straight.
Maybe I can get an earlier start, tomorrow? Need to get these three sitting in the clamps, and OFF my bench....I have two more panels to get ready.

This will be one side, there will be a matching side done...and a "top" done. Feet will need to be cut out along the bottom edge. Top edge has other things to be done to it....it is a start, at any rate.....Stay tuned