Thread: Leaving Greece

Leaving Greece

We spent about ten days in Greece and Crete. The olive trees are much larger than anticipated, some of their trunks are two feet in diameter. The problem is that farmers keep the olive trees cut very short in order to cultivate the olives. One cannot get any good piece of wood. Darn the luck. We will miss the mild climate.
    Last edited by Rich Riddle; 12-21-2017 at 7:50 PM.

Glad you are back ,Rich. When you start to forget English .....you know it's time to go home. And I'm betting you were starting to miss grocery shopping on your riding lawnmower!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Glad you are back ,Rich. When you start to forget English .....you know it's time to go home.
    Lol.......

in my defense, it's between two and three in the morning here. Just when we adjusted to Greece time it's time to readjust to Eastern Standard Time. The pre-Christmas holiday is totally different over in Athens and Crete. You see some shoppers, but not droves. You also don't see many decorations, exterior or interior. We saw only one string of Christmas lights during the entire trip. I faintly heard one Christmas carol playing today in a restaurant. As far as I can tell many Creekers would like it here....there is a lot of respect given to old men.

Both my parents are from Crete and the last time I visited was in 2010. Beautiful scenery and much more laid back than here in the states. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip!

Rich, I don't think Docs should work for free. But refusing to tell me I have a case of "extreme jealousy ".....is kinda inhumane. Hey, enjoy every moment !
    Last edited by Mel Fulks; 12-21-2017 at 9:43 PM.

Sounds like an interesting trip Rich!

A question, if I may ask? Are you suggesting I might get some respect if I moved to Crete?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I always enjoy the Greek immigrants I meet stateside. Good people. Old World values.
    When you get un-jet-lagged and caught up at work, it would be great to see some pics in an "off topic" thread.

Travel safely.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Sounds like an interesting trip Rich!

A question, if I may ask? Are you suggesting I might get some respect if I moved to Crete?
    Ken, the older I get, the younger you look. A young woman over there told us that everyone is afraid of the old women with handbags but everyone loves the little old men....I don't know if she was insinuating I would be loved because of age.....but she was very young.