Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Shop Layout

Update -
    Still under construction but this is the west end of the shop as it stands now. The counter top was given to me and I purchased the cabinets from ReStore. I hope to get the ceiling done and finish up the wall paint this weekend, the electrician is on tap to finish everything up next week and then I'm going to paint the floor some shade of grey. The laser will go under the wall cabinets on the right side of the picture.
    The water heater will on in the empty corner space under the counter and a trash can on the right end of the counter. My desk will be at the end of the counter on the left side of the image.

I also have a mobile workstation that will have a wireless keyboard and mouse, wireless monitor and my most common tools on it. This is so that I don't have to run back and forth between my desk and laser when working on a project.

On the other end of the shop will be wall cabinets, wire shelves and a mobile work top. Hopefully this will give me plenty of prep and finish part storage.

Once the ceiling is in and the electrical is done, I will have enough light in this shop to send SOS signals to distant stars.

IMG_7413.jpg

Thoughts or ideas?

Thanks
    Trey
    Universal 60w VLS6.60 w/ rotary
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

Fab shop with South Bend Heavy 10, Bridgeport 9x42, 185a welder and a multitude of supporting tools/equipment

Fish tank and desk location to lasers I would flip everything and my desk would be closer to a window.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

---- Shop update ----

I finally got moved in but like everything, its still a work in progress. I need to finish the back splash, paint the ceiling, finish some trim, do some touch up painting and decorate the place..ha

Cabinet and open storage
    IMG_7509.jpg

Laser and sink. The ac unit also has heat and it does a great job.
    IMG_7510.jpg
    I put my spray booth in the wall. That freed up alot of space.
    IMG_7511.jpg

My desk is in front of the other window. It looks out onto my children's play set, which is nice.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Trey Tull; 03-13-2018 at 10:47 PM.
    Universal 60w VLS6.60 w/ rotary
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

Fab shop with South Bend Heavy 10, Bridgeport 9x42, 185a welder and a multitude of supporting tools/equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Tull View Post
    ---- Shop update ----

I finally got moved in but like everything, its still a work in progress...
    Thoughts?
    Yes- it'll never STOP being a work in progress!

After 42 years, every 'this will work for now' thing I ever did to get a machine up and running, is still exactly the same as it ever was.

Know what? It all works, ain't broke, why fix it? And it's entertainment for the customers

Know what my biggest problem is? Can't find decent rubber bands (seriously!)
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle