Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 20x28 workshop build

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crawford View Post
    ...and will find some anti-fatigue mats.
    ULine's mats are my "standard".

https://www.uline.com/BL_1751/Anti-Fatigue-Mats

You could actually buy a roll and do the whole floor for the most part pretty economically, just cutting out for tools. Were I doing it again, that's exactly what I'd choose.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crawford View Post
    I've had my eye on these for a while. Are you happy with the 5000K? I've been thinking I would like between 3500 and 4000.
    I like the 5000k color. It feels lighter and brighter in there but maybe it’s just me. I also keep salt water reef tanks and those run at 14,000k to 20,000k so maybe that skews my senses. You could always order a 4 pack of each color to test out and rma back the ones you don’t like to amazon. Worst case you are out return shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    ULine's mats are my "standard".

https://www.uline.com/BL_1751/Anti-Fatigue-Mats

You could actually buy a roll and do the whole floor for the most part pretty economically, just cutting out for tools. Were I doing it again, that's exactly what I'd choose.
    Thanks - what thickness do you like? I wouldn't want it too springy

I've had both the 3/8" and the 5/8" and prefer the latter. It's not "too springy" at all...quite comfortable and reasonably durable. Easy to cut to fit around stuff, too. One of the reasons I suggested the roll for you is you're starting from scratch and you can really end up with a comfortable floor by having most of it covered with the mat. I'd only leave it off wherever you might spray finishes...or have a removable section in that area for obvious reasons. It will wear a bit over time from abrasion, but I don't find that to be a big deal in the shop. In fact, I use this same material in our kitchen over the brick floor to line the "galley" where we stand to cook, etc. When that gets worn too noticeably, it goes out to the shop and a new one goes in the house. (like every 5 years or so)
    --

The excitement builds

Drywall should get delivered today. Bit the bullet and ordered the 4000K 94 CRI Hyperikon bulbs. I'm going to test all of them this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to hang some lights early next week and get the A/C installed.

Drywall guys showed this morning, hopefully done by Tuesday:

What a nice space...isn't the transformation when the 'rock goes up something else?
    --

Nice neat job with the sheets. Also nice you can afford to have someone else hang them.

Good call on have pros install the drywall with that ceiling. Shop is looking good, drywall dust replaced with sawdust soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    Good call on have pros install the drywall with that ceiling. Shop is looking good, drywall dust replaced with sawdust soon!
    I agree. This is one job that DIY is arduous. The pros are FAST and since mud work is an "art form", the fact that they do it daily makes for a better end result. In the scope of things, they don't really charge all that much for the work, either, compared to the heavy labor involved to DIY.
    --

Yeah I helped a guy drywall a basement once, I didn't want anything to do with installing on the 12' vaulted ceiling. The crew knocked this out in about 5 hours.

Good call on getting the drywall pros to tackle this step. Installing 12' panels on the ceiling, even with a lift, is not a fun task.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    Good call on getting the drywall pros to tackle this step. Installing 12' panels on the ceiling, even with a lift, is not a fun task.
    Yea, and with the tray ceiling...a thankless task with the angles.
    --

Been a while since I updated, still painting and trimming as I have time. Painting primer + two coats of paint on everything takes way longer than I anticipated.

The minisplit is AWESOME.

Lots of lights to still install.

Putting a chair rail on the wall, so that's why the paint line is a little jagged.