Thread: Any feedback on Nr.1® KS 150 Oscillating Edge Sander?

Question Any feedback on Nr.1® KS 150 Oscillating Edge Sander?

Hi Guys,

I want to get Nr.1® KS 150 Oscillating Edge Sander. Wondering if someone has it or heard something about it?
    Any other suggestions about edge sander in 1.5k budget?
    Happy holidays!

It sure looks a lot like this one, just saying..........

https://www.baileigh.com/index.php/e...All%20products

Or this one from the Jet just with a different stand and the "spindle sander" table on the other side: LINK

There are a bunch of companies that use that same design. Its not until you get higher in the cost/models that they start to break away from that same chinese model.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

A little more money, but I like the table on the Grizzly better.

Thanks guys I will try to get Grizzly G0563 - Oscillating Edge Sander 2 HP
    BTW KS 150 Oscillating Edge Sander is not available in north America.

I got the bigger version of that sander, and like it fine, but be aware many of these you have to straighten the metal plate where the platen rides, mine was not difficult, just used a couple wrenches to bend it back parallel. Grizzly should be aware that many were not aligned properly a year or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Denis Kozlov View Post
    Thanks guys I will try to get Grizzly G0563 - Oscillating Edge Sander 2 HP
    BTW KS 150 Oscillating Edge Sander is not available in north America.
    Just make sure the table is square to the platen if you go with that one or its larger version: LINK
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Darn, sounds like Grizzly sanders line has issues with squareness. That is bummer. I don't want to bend something on the new machine. And replacing is too much hassle. I'm not sure anymore about that one. Maybe I can ask Grizzly to double check that and send me at least "not that bad" unit...

I recommend the Vega edge sander. It’s a no frills machine but it’s built and works well. I think we spent around 2500 all in for ours. Ours has the oscillating motor, adjustable rear platen 3phase motor. It runs and tracks pretty well. Im 98% sure built in the USA. We ordered from southern tool and had a great experience.

Straightening the platen on the Grizzly is not a big deal. I used a 2' 2x4 and a c clamp to straighten mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Denis Kozlov View Post
    Darn, sounds like Grizzly sanders line has issues with squareness. That is bummer. I don't want to bend something on the new machine. And replacing is too much hassle. I'm not sure anymore about that one. Maybe I can ask Grizzly to double check that and send me at least "not that bad" unit...
    I'm pretty sure this unit exited the factory through another door as a General International and another as a Delta. I've got the General. I think their QC was better than Griz at the time, but it now looks like they are the Only Game in Town. Unless you've got the dough for the Vega which is in another category, I think you can trust that Grizzly always makes it right.

Save for the Vega - its amazing. Tank built I-beam for a platen. Its what you wanted when you wanted a Felder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Save for the Vega - its amazing. Tank built I-beam for a platen. Its what you wanted when you wanted a Felder.
    At that point might as well spend a teeny bit more and get something a little more permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Sounds like a good idea to save for Vega then. Thanks everyone guys! Happy New Year!

PS: Anything more permanent would be more bulky and I can't get anything bigger than 33''x33'' in order to get it downstairs to my shop. So I have to find best size-to-quality ratio .
    That is why I'm still using Bosch contractors table saw . I need to find compact but yet quality table saw too that would be possible to take downstairs. "Hammer K3" just couple inches wider, sigh...
    Bosch saw works OK with crosscut jigs and appropriate maintenance. But cast iron, more table space and sliding fence would be nice . Hopefully someday I will find a good table saw compact enough or will get a bigger house.