Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had to say goodbye to my best buddy.

Had to say goodbye to my best buddy.

My wife and I adopted Wilson as a puppy in the summer of 2009. He immediately bonded with me, following me everywhere, and always sharply aware of my every move. He was with me through the hardest part of my life, when my wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in April of 2013, and passed away on August 13th of that same summer. Wilson knew I was hurting, and he stayed close to me every day since. He was a high energy dog, and loved to run around me as I walked through the trails on my 40 acres. He went everywhere with me, except for work. About two months ago he started limping on his left rear leg. I figured he must have torn an ACL or something, so brought him to the vet. The X-rays showed moderate bone deterioration in his hip. I was devastated. We treated him for pain, and tried our best to keep him as comfortable as possible for his remaining days. Last weekend things worsened to the point where he couldn’t find a comfortable position to lie down. It was obvious that it was time. I miss you buddy, you were the best dog in the whole world!

Wilson 5/12/09-12/18/17

E456A48B-5547-4A7D-A655-AD26BC8F7E8D.jpeg

Deepest sympathy for your loss. Dogs are truly mans best friend. Their ability to sense things is incredible. He was there for you and you were there for him. It is hard to loose a dog at this time of the year. We had to have one of ours put down at 2 a.m. on Christmas morning, the worst Christmas of my life.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Matt,
    So sad for your wife, Wilson and you, sometimes words just aren't good enough. Sorry to hear about your losses. Hope things get better soon.
    Chet

So sorry to hear this. Pets truly have a gift of understanding their owner’s emotions. Sorry for your loss. You and Wilson are in my thoughts.

Sorry man, I know just how attached you can get to a great dog or for that matter, even a not so great dog or cat. Yours looks to have been a champ!

Sorry Matt, those are some of the saddest times of our life.

Very sad for your loss. It's not easy when a loved pet...a family member...passes on.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Matt - thanks for sharing the story of Wilson, sounds like he was quite the friend! Sorry for your loss.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Life is so hard. Luckily we get a lot of good with the bad. Wilson looks like he was a great companion. I hope the good memories can help with the bad at this time Matt.

My condolences. I just got my first dog this April (at my daughter's 3-year request). Our bond has been similarly instant.

Really sorry for your loss.

pp

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry for your loss. As a man who has lost several dogs and cats that I loved deeply and knows the pain of cancer as well, I offer my heartfelt condolences.

All I can offer is that it will get better. When my lab died in 2010 it was the end of the world to me. I was sure I would never get another dog as I could not bear that pain again. Two years later, an abandoned special needs puppy stole my heart. While capacity for loss is finite, the capacity for love is infinite.

Again, I am so sorry.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    We took our 14 year old Husky to have his picture taken with Santa last year & little did we know it was his last Christmas.
    His liver and kidneys failed on him and he went downhill within a matter of a few days.

The loss of a dog is so deep and painful.
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear of your loss, both of Wilson and your wife in 2013. You've gone through a lot. Hang in there.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Sorry for your loss. Went through a similar situation a few years ago. You know it's the right thing to do but it is still painful.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

So, so sorry for your loss. One of the worse things about having a pet is the fact you will probably outlive them.
    I kinda know how you feel, i've owned some great dogs and have had to say that final farewell much too often.
    The last dog that we said farewell to was Maddy, she was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, she passed away last September. I've had many dogs and loved them all but Maddy was well, just special. I've never owned a dog that had as much character as her. The wife and I still miss her and although we have another Cav [Paisley] that we love their is still a void in out lives.
    Good pets are family some people get it some don't. It's obvious that you do.
    Again, i'm sorry for the loss of your loyal companion. Rest in peace Wilson you were truly loved.