Thread: LOL Woodpeckers Latest OTT - 1281SE Special Edition Woodworking Square

Wink LOL Woodpeckers Latest OTT - 1281SE Special Edition Woodworking Square

Oh Woodpeckers, you're kidding right?!

https://www.woodpeck.com/1281se.html

Soooooo, yea, that's the stock 1281 square (which I might add I own, love and use all the time along with the 641 and big 26" version), but seriously?! Charging an extra ~$40 on top of an overpriced normal retail price just because its anodized a different color and is labeled with the "SE" designation (that isn't even on the actual square, so they didn't even have to modify the laser etching file) is a new low IMO for them. Basically all they did was dip the unit in a different color dye during the anodizing process.

And for reference you can pick up the normal red 1281 here:

http://www.carbideprocessors.com/pre...peckers-1281r/

Dont forget to add the "creekers" coupon code for 10% off.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Not to defend Woodpeckers or their pricing structure but hard anodizing is absolutely not the same as color anodizing. One is for looks, the other adds substantially to the durability.

I probably don't use my red WP stuff hard enough (I am, after all, a collector...), but is their normal anodizing even a problem in terms of durability?

I love all of my red anodized stuff. That grey thing is fugly.

FYI, it’s cheaper at shopwoodpeckers, even without discount. the Free shipping at woodpeckers is at $50 and carbide it’s $150. And carbide charges tax even though I’m not in WA.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post
    Not to defend Woodpeckers or their pricing structure but hard anodizing is absolutely not the same as color anodizing. One is for looks, the other adds substantially to the durability.
    Type I, II, or III. To the best of my knowledge either type can be dyed. They dont specify which type they are using here. Are we to assume "hard" means Type III and their normal is Type II? Or are versions the same Type and they are just using a different color dye during the process.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    FYI, it’s cheaper at shopwoodpeckers, even without discount. the Free shipping at woodpeckers is at $50 and carbide it’s $150. And carbide charges tax even though I’m not in WA.
    You're right, Matt. It is.

Let me jump sideways a second and remind anyone who cares about such things, that CPI is a Supporter of the Creek. They also have really good customer service - I had a problem with some WP stuff I bought from them and CPI was all over it.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”