Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waltzing Matilda

Wayne

Very cool. Thank you.

I was last in Australia in Feb' of '93. If I could have figured out a way to stay, I'd have never left. Stunning place. I've had an Australia fiver in my wallet ever since, just to remind me to go back again.
    Made it to Tasmania during that trip also. Very pretty. I gotta get back.
    I flew back to the states the day the WorldTrade Center was bombed. That was an interesting day.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

We have been to Australia once and New Zealand twice. Like Mike, if I could, I'd have remained there. Love the country and the friendliness of the people. We actually were in Tasmania, Hobart and the surrounding area for a couple days. Dearly loved the town there.

In Sydney, we were on a boat tour of Sydney harbor and got photographs of the park around Government House. When I arrived home from our trip to Australia, an older female cousin of mine sent me photographs of my Dad and his Australian girl friend taken in that same park around Government House . My father (in the US Navy) was on an LCI during WWII and fought in the South Pacific often with Australian soldiers. One of the few stories he told of his service was about an Australian soldier's comments as the crew of the LCI landed them on a Japanese sniper infested beach in the South Pacific.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....