Steven C. Newman's thread on the Daily Seven, my thoughts ventured out toward my least used planes:

Least Used Planes.jpg

There are a lot of planes that do not get used in my shop due to being redundant or not having been put into working order. My #55 was almost included, but it is actually used more than most of these.

Starting with the #102 at the top left, it is likely the most used of these but doesn't get used a whole lot. Next is a squirrel tail plane similar to the Stanley #100. Its companion the #100-1/2 with the curved sole does actually get some use. The big plane is an Invicta wooden plow. It used to get used before my acquisition of my first Stanley #45 given to me by my father. It is a bit cumbersome and would likely improve with a bit of fettling.

Second row on the left is a #95 edge plane. Okay it does its job, but a shooting board or a bench plane is easier for me to get a job done. The little grey plane is a Millers Falls version of the Stanley #101. There is another plane similar to this that is used regularly in the house to make shaving for the wood stove. Last, but not really the least used is a #140. Most of the time one of my other rabbet planes can do the work of this one. Many wooden rabbet planes have a skewed blade and can work from either edge.

My next post on this will include other tools that are dust collectors in my shop.

jtk