Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's This One Again: Recommended Finish Table Saw Blade?

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    The Freud Glue Line Rip blade is excellent.
    +1

This blade rarely leaves my saw.

Blog Entries
    What saw do you have? If you are asking this, I assume you don’t have a 5hp saw. On smaller saws, the limited power you have makes a big difference. Kerf and teeth count severely limit you with smaller saw. Doesn’t mean you can’t get a good cut, but if your saw is underpowered like a job site saw you must consider these things. Otherwise you will get burning or very slow feed rate and then burning and/or just low quality cuts.
    Last edited by Zac wingert; 12-14-2018 at 2:41 AM.

I have decided that Incra is in some sort of unholy cabal with blade manufacturers and possibly Sawstop as well. There is a recurring theme of accidental Incra miter gauge and blade contact (with the ensuing firing on a SS). I have come to believe there is a nefarious blade magnet embedded in the Incra miter gauges.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Spear View Post
    I've accidentally cut into my Incra miter gauge twice with a Forrest blade with no damage to the blade.
    Wish I was as lucky as you. I wanted to puke when I examined my blade and counted 10 damaged/missing teeth.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

This made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Wish I was as lucky as you. I wanted to puke when I examined my blade and counted 10 damaged/missing teeth.
    My experience with a new WWII, when I hit a hidden staple that held a SKU tag on. FYI, Dynamic Saw will fix your blade for a lot less than Forrest will. Just got back a blade that had been dropped and cracked a tooth. Dynamic charged $2.90 to replace tooth along with STANDARD sharpening charges. The damaged WWII cost me within a few bucks to fix (Forrest) as a new WWII costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    My experience with a new WWII, when I hit a hidden staple that held a SKU tag on. FYI, Dynamic Saw will fix your blade for a lot less than Forrest will. Just got back a blade that had been dropped and cracked a tooth. Dynamic charged $2.90 to replace tooth along with STANDARD sharpening charges. The damaged WWII cost me within a few bucks to fix (Forrest) as a new WWII costs.
    Thanks for the tip Bruce!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    I have decided that Incra is in some sort of unholy cabal with blade manufacturers and possibly Sawstop as well. There is a recurring theme of accidental Incra miter gauge and blade contact (with the ensuing firing on a SS). I have come to believe there is a nefarious blade magnet embedded in the Incra miter gauges.
    My favorite part of the conspiracy theory is that the cabal is, in fact, "unholy". Bhaahahahahaha

As a father of small children, I have long held that some nefarious collusion exists between battery makers and toy companies. Even the slightest furtive movement will cause any toy to engage the battery and emit whatever hellish sounds it's programmed to, thus draining the batteries.