Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inventable 750mm x 750mm

William, thanks for your reply. I do take exception with your view of the investable unit. I find they have excellent customer support, easily red website. I ordered the 750 x 750 model and awaiting its arrival. I was not impressed with
    the Shapeoko website as all. I did not feel that the x-carve’s price was”out of line”.
    Respectfully
    Don
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-24-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Real difference for carbde 3d vs inventables - William is here and active and their doc guru. Like an on forum cus service. Call inventables at 8pm sat and let me know how good their cs is

Mike I took your advice and called several times today no one answered.
    I am75yo and my wife of 55 years passed away this April, my woodworking is all that I have
    left. I am not a rich man as I suspect you are. There are many excellent videos along with tutorials and projects on the inventables unit they all
    seem satisfied as I am. I respect your opinion but please respect mine.
    don

Thanks!

@Don Nicholas --- I didn't say anything about Inventables' customer service, nor their website.

Since my responses have been removed, I'll note that all that I stated was to provide my experience w/ the Shapeoko 2, the X-Carve's predecessor, and Easel software, and note the specific characteristics of the Shapeoko 3 which I feel make it a better value, much of which is just math / physics and you can research that or dismiss it --- your choice --- but if you didn't wish to discuss this sort of thing, what was the point of this thread?

I don't think whether or not Inventables picks up the phone on a Saturday night, during the Christmas weekend, is a reasonable customer service expectation to judge a company and a product by. They do have a nice forum with lots of tips and tricks if you need help now. It would be difficult to come up with a question that has not already been asked about the X-Carve (or Shapoko, for that matter).

You can also make yourself a delicious sandwhich and grab a Pepsi to keep you going over a long holiday weekend, perusing almost endless hours of YouTube content on everything one would need to know.

Both platforms have their compromises, but their DNA is more similar than different, and it is probably a toss-up for most applications, especially between the smaller machines.

Maybe it was me that made it sour. That was def not my intent. I am sure cs is just fine at inventables. I was just saying, if I personally had zero clue about CNC, and i liked this forum, and it had an expert here on one of two pretty much equal kits i was looking at, id pick that kit as the eager member would prob be willing to help, and yes even on Sat and Sunday and on Christmas.

But hey, what do I know about DIY CNC and kits?

I dont hate on machines.

Read my sig line. Merry Christmas.

Congrats Don!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Maybe it was me that made it sour. That was def not my intent. I am sure cs is just fine at inventables. I was just saying, if I personally had zero clue about CNC, and i liked this forum, and it had an expert here on one of two pretty much equal kits i was looking at, id pick that kit as the eager member would prob be willing to help, and yes even on Sat and Sunday and on Christmas.

But hey, what do I know about DIY CNC and kits?

I dont hate on machines.

Read my sig line. Merry Christmas.

Congrats Don!!!
    In all fairness, the statement "Call inventables at 8pm sat and let me know how good their cs is " [December 23rd] doesn't come across as a positive, or even neutral.

Sorry, I don't see a signature, so not sure what needed to be seen.

3 of 5 boxes arrived 2days early today.

Oooh...somebody's going to be having some fun real soon now! Congrats!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Nice! A belated Christmas present

Have lots of fun with it!
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Enjoy! I bought a different machine about 1 1/2 years ago. I took a long hard look at your machine. I think you will not be disappointed. Be patient - there is a large learning curve - I'm still learning... Post some pics of your projects. Even though I didn't buy their machine, I am on their email list for inspiration.

Oh, don't overlook dust collection. Especially if you use MDF. My first real project was a dust shoe.

Tony