Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOVA Voyager DVR Drill press

Just ordered mine yesterday too. Can't wait to use it.

The company is local here, which was a nice plus to the purchase, though I got it through Woodcraft.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I purchased one earlier this year. I have been waiting for a drill press like this for over a decade. There is very little vibration and the ease of changing speed is the number one reason to get a VFD controlled tool.

I did have excessive runout, but Nova replaced the head and now my runout is acceptable. I purchased through Woodcraft and I had to work through them to swap the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Nagle View Post
    I did have excessive runout, but Nova replaced the head and now my runout is acceptable. I purchased through Woodcraft and I had to work through them to swap the head.
    Hi Sean,

How much runout did you consider to be excessive and how far was the quill extended when the reading was taken? This being my first big boy drill press, I'm hoping to hold this one to a higher standard than the bench top DP and would like to know what to expect from it.

Thanks in advance!

I was seeing almost 5/1000" runout on the unit I purchased without the quill extended. The replacement head showed less than 1/1000" runout at both quill extremes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Donofrio View Post
    Quick question... how far from a wall would it stick out in order for the table crank to work easily?
    Not an answer but, maybe a game changer. The Drill Press is the ideal tool to stand in a corner.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Nagle View Post
    I was seeing almost 5/1000" runout on the unit I purchased without the quill extended. The replacement head showed less than 1/1000" runout at both quill extremes.
    Sean, thank you for the info.

runout on mine is as low as my guage went to which i think was .00005 its such a nice drill press my porter cable from lowes i can move the head with my hand and feel its runout . definitely worth 3x the price.