Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Wave Automation CNC Shark or CNC PIRANHA Users?

I agree with Art...that's a nice machine for the money based on specs. 'Hope to hear how it works out for you!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I don't know about their routers but I bought my laser from him and when I the controller went out under warranty John shipped out a new one that day and I was up and running the next day. Good guy to work with.

When I first received it and set it up I just ran it on the parallel port. Ran a VCarve file I had from years ago, it had lots of lettering and done with a 90 Deg bit so lots of movement. I just had to take it into VCarve and SAVE gcode using the Mach3 post processor, and it ran fine in spite of my laptop speed to the port was below spec. I then ordered and installed the UC400ETH Ethernet ($150) controller and it ran faster and so much smoother.

The water cooled spindle is a lot less noise than a router and faster also. Runs off a 3 phase VFD with the controls mounted on the face of the control box. This is a 120 volt unit. The only change I plan to make is have the spindle turned on and off by Mach3, but its been too darn cold here and running the shop heat at 65 is expensive. The same file I ran off the parallel port was 40% faster off the 400 controller. No flex, every thing is built solid. Not all these Chinese routers are built the same.... buyer be aware. That's why I purchased from John as I have dealt with him before.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Wow...I haven't even seen a "parallel port" in many years. LOL But I can see how it might be useful for this kind of application in some respects.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    When I first received it and set it up I just ran it on the parallel port. Ran a VCarve file I had from years ago, it had lots of lettering and done with a 90 Deg bit so lots of movement. I just had to take it into VCarve and SAVE gcode using the Mach3 post processor, and it ran fine in spite of my laptop speed to the port was below spec. I then ordered and installed the UC400ETH Ethernet ($150) controller and it ran faster and so much smoother.

The water cooled spindle is a lot less noise than a router and faster also. Runs off a 3 phase VFD with the controls mounted on the face of the control box. This is a 120 volt unit. The only change I plan to make is have the spindle turned on and off by Mach3, but its been too darn cold here and running the shop heat at 65 is expensive. The same file I ran off the parallel port was 40% faster off the 400 controller. No flex, every thing is built solid. Not all these Chinese routers are built the same.... buyer be aware. That's why I purchased from John as I have dealt with him before.
    John has been selling router parts for many years. I talked to him back in 2007 about a spindle and he gave me some good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Wow...I haven't even seen a "parallel port" in many years. LOL But I can see how it might be useful for this kind of application in some respects.
    That is when Mach3 was developed, but things have changed. It works fine on just a breakout board for the parallel port, and now there are adapters for USB and like I have Ethernet. Mach4 is a step up from the 3 version. Very, very widely supported control system and its been refined over the past 20 years or so. My old shop computer a laptop from early 2000 or so has a parallel port.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Oh, absolutely. I was just chuckling because I don't believe any computer in this household that's actually in use has a parallel port physically. Only one has serial ports...and that's a tiny desktop that Professor Dr. SWMBO uses in her office.
    --