Thread: Laser Speeding up on Certain parts of the Job

Laser Speeding up on Certain parts of the Job

I think this is only time I have asked a controller / software question. I am using LaserCad 7.36 and I have one file and its the same thing either Imported as a BMP or DFX. One small part of the graphic a Star with Text in the middle when it goes to engrave the top part of the Star the laser head goes so very fast, its almost a blur.

The rest of the project engraves normally??? Yes it may speed up a bit on other small areas but on the top of this Star the laser overruns the edges of the graphic and it looks pretty bad. To make this even worse its a wife project!!!

The JPG I am going to try to UP Load is a Draft version, ignore the rest of the cr@ppy engraving.

StarCropped.jpg
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

acceleration setting is out of wack Bill, in short distances it is trying to speed up and slow down too quickly
    You did what !

Probably it is not actually speeding up but since the distance it has to travel is so small it covers that distance in a very small amount of time.

One way to get around it is to engrave it as a bitmap, but in "output direct" mode - where white is 0 power and black is max power. That will force the engraving head to cover the full distance of the image even though the laser won't be firing.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Thanks for the suggestions, will try later on. Right now I am warming the shop up to 62 degrees. Yes its winter in Iowa!

I just wanted to add, this project engraves perfectly with my Ray Fine galvo fiber machine but I am using it so little I would like to move it out (sell) to make room for a CNC router.
    Last edited by Bill George; 12-08-2017 at 9:49 AM.

Well I changed the Engraving User setting ACC from 15000 to 7000. Thanks Dave and others who replied.
    Attached Images Attached Images