Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With Parting Out a Machine: Delta 33-890 RAS

It sound's like one of two things going on with your cut quality problem. One, simple saw setup, like the turret isn't completely locked down. Or two, is it possible are you heavy handed with it? When I pull I let the saw do the work and basically keep it cutting and not digging into the wood and stalling, and try keep the force straight on and not on an angle. Sounds like you trued the arbor flange, but is the arbor itself true? Have you tried multiple blades to rule the blade out?

Just seems a shame to tear apart that saw for parts when it might just need some tuning or instruction.

If you do take it apart for parts, just keep as much of the small parts (and motor) as you can. I might need one one day! lol

A Delta 12" Radial Arm Saw model 33-890 I had purchased new back in the 1980s sold for about $500 two years ago after listing on my local Craigslist. I included a number of blades including a dado. The machine worked fine, I just wasn't using it much anymore and it was taking up space I needed for something else. It looked pretty nice but I don't think it looked as nice as your machine. It did however cut square and stay true. The machine can be adjusted for just about any issue.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Adamsen View Post
    A Delta 12" Radial Arm Saw model 33-890 I had purchased new back in the 1980s sold for about $500 two years ago after listing on my local Craigslist. I included a number of blades including a dado. The machine worked fine, I just wasn't using it much anymore and it was taking up space I needed for something else. It looked pretty nice but I don't think it looked as nice as your machine. It did however cut square and stay true. The machine can be adjusted for just about any issue.
    I was the one who purchased it from you, Bill. Still runs great and cuts square, couldn't ask for anything more.

I like these saws. They are as accurate as my Bosch Glide.

I recently found a newer one and may just keep both of them. The new one is on wheels and hasn't been spotted a permanent spot in the shop yet. These saws hold their settings pretty well, it sounds like you just haven't found some little something causing the issue. I do see the saw kerf in your table showing two different cuts.

If you do decide to part it out I would be interested in the blade guard as it is missing on my older saw. (the semi-circular aluminum pieces)

RAS x2.jpg
    Last edited by Frankie Hunt; 12-07-2017 at 9:56 PM.
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios Fradelakis View Post
    I was the one who purchased it from you, Bill. Still runs great and cuts square, couldn't ask for anything more.
    Good to hear Dmitrios ... glad it found a good home and hope it is doing good work for you.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius