Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kreg Screws Move allignment

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Id pay attention to the rpm of your driver for your Kreg screws too. You want 2000rpm or more.
    My understanding from the jig directions is you need the 2000 RPM speed for drilling the hole not driving the screw. If I am incorrect please feel free to correct me.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    My understanding from the jig directions is you need the 2000 RPM speed for drilling the hole not driving the screw. If I am incorrect please feel free to correct me.
    Correct, AFAIK. Drilling is a higher speed operation. Driving is personal, but I prefer low speed for that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Several years ago I built a large face frame fo a built in cabinet. Clamped it well and when done it was flush all around. Came back the nextday and every joint was misaligned a couple of thousands. My fingers could feel it and it was noticeable upon close visual inspection. What amazed me was that it was every joint and uniform. Took it apart and reassembled but this time with a small amount of glue. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Kopfer View Post
    Several years ago I built a large face frame fo a built in cabinet. Clamped it well and when done it was flush all around. Came back the nextday and every joint was misaligned a couple of thousands. My fingers could feel it and it was noticeable upon close visual inspection. What amazed me was that it was every joint and uniform. Took it apart and reassembled but this time with a small amount of glue. Problem solved.
    I had the same thing happen. Then I glued and clamped and screwed. Once I got the Domino I decided that was just a quick and no risk of misalignment