Hi,

I was reading a thread today about the value of a kitchen cabinet installation…

Several posts in that thread mentioned lineal foot prices for Cabinet installation. I assume that would include the base cabinet in the upper cabinets above it (and not the counter top). But I don’t know!

I seem to recall the price of $300 per lineal foot as being considered extremely cheap. Is this truly the case? I assume that is for custom cabinets of some type. As compared to the box store type of cabinet.

I’m really curious about what these costs represent. Would cabinets made from plywood boxes, with solid doors and drawer fronts command more than $300 per lineal foot? I assume so, because in the other thread I read people seemed to laugh at the $300 Per lineal price (my impression right or wrong ).

I know now the answer is “ it depends”. But in the general sense, for plywood cabinets faced with basic wood like cherry, red oak or ash, maybe maple, what would one expect to pay?

Is there a general basic charge per lineal foot, on top of which the cost of exotic materials would be added?

I suppose this is just intellectual curiosity, I build my own cabinets and what it costs other people to install them doesn’t really matter to me. But I’m really curious about it! I only have two houses to worry about anyway…

i just feel feel like I need educated!

Bill