Thread: Friendly Reminder: Make sure you remember shipping times may be delayed

Friendly Reminder: Make sure you remember shipping times may be delayed

Tis the season. UPS/FedEX drivers are staying out late and package volume is way up during this time of the year. Just because something gets put on the truck at 3PM does not mean it will make it out for shipment that day. The driver may not make it back to the hub until 7PM or later and these hubs are really jammed up. They also prioritize certain customers (like Amazon and big warehouse companies).

So far this week I've had 2 of 3 packages I've shipped not make it to their destination on time. 1 was an 8AM overnight shipment that didn't arrive until 4:15PM. The other is a standard ground package that simply didn't make it on the truck.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Moshinsky View Post
    Tis the season. UPS/FedEX drivers are staying out late and package volume is way up during this time of the year. Just because something gets put on the truck at 3PM does not mean it will make it out for shipment that day. The driver may not make it back to the hub until 7PM or later and these hubs are really jammed up. They also prioritize certain customers (like Amazon and big warehouse companies).

So far this week I've had 2 of 3 packages I've shipped not make it to their destination on time. 1 was an 8AM overnight shipment that didn't arrive until 4:15PM. The other is a standard ground package that simply didn't make it on the truck.
    Especially true with the shift going to online purchasing instead of brick and mortar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Especially true with the shift going to online purchasing instead of brick and mortar.
    Interestingly, e-commerce is still less than 10% of all U.S. retail sales, and most of that is Amazon. All but one (guess) of the top retailers are brick and morter.

UPS delivered at 8 pm last night.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    UPS delivered at 8 pm last night.

I've had them drop off a package at 10:15 at night once.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8