Thread: I'm going to try this again

Mike Schwing Guest

I'm going to try this again

...but if it doesn't work I suppose you'll never know anyway. The last two messages I have attempted to post have been lost.

A. You must be logged in even to begin composing a message. So I'm logged in, I compose a message, and then when I click on "submit", the next screen tells me one of two things -

1. I must specify a forum. I'm not sure how I can even enter a message without already being in a specific forum, but I assure you I have been in a particular forum when posting or replying.

2. I must log in before I can post. See point A. above

Here goes......

Looks to have worked this time, Mike!!
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

I had a strange one last night, too, Mike. I think it's because we are on beta software and perhaps there are still a few small gremlins. It's NOT you!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Mike Schwing Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    I had a strange one last night, too, Mike. I think it's because we are on beta software and perhaps there are still a few small gremlins. It's NOT you!!
    Well I managed a few posts this morning. I had no trouble at home but here at work I did, so first thing I did was delete the temporary files, and delete the sawmill cookie. Either that cleared it up or it was on the server side.

You'll (sadly) never get to know the gems I had typed up and attempted to post. A million monkeys typing for a million years could never come up with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Schwing
    Well I managed a few posts this morning. I had no trouble at home but here at work I did, so first thing I did was delete the temporary files, and delete the sawmill cookie. Either that cleared it up or it was on the server side.
    If this was the first time you used your work computer since the SMC upgrade, it could explain some of your issues. Your fix was appropriate.

You'll (sadly) never get to know the gems I had typed up and attempted to post. A million monkeys typing for a million years could never come up with them again.
    Perhaps that's good?? Maybe it's time for you to introduce the boys and girls to your cutting boards...it would make for some good mid-week moaning and groaning about "how'd he do THAT?"...
    --

Mike Schwing Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    If this was the first time you used your work computer since the SMC upgrade, it could explain some of your issues. Your fix was appropriate.

Perhaps that's good?? Maybe it's time for you to introduce the boys and girls to your cutting boards...it would make for some good mid-week moaning and groaning about "how'd he do THAT?"...
    Wait till you see the one I'm submitting for the Incra woodworking contest. Hopefully it'll blow you guys away. Don't hold your breath, I've got till December to submit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Schwing
    Wait till you see the one I'm submitting for the Incra woodworking contest. Hopefully it'll blow you guys away. Don't hold your breath, I've got till December to submit.
    In the mean time...I need some ideas for a nice one for our "someday" to be completed kitchen renovation...feel free to post some pics in your copious free time...
    --