Hello all, I've been a lurker now but had a quick question for you all.

I recently received a Boss laser LS3655 100W. I have had this for right at two weeks now so I am still learning. The problem I have ran into is one of the first order requests I received locally (most sales our online for us) is for a 24" 1/2" birch three letter monogram. Up until this order, I had been cutting basic 1/4" wooden christmas ornaments basically as something small to practice on. With the ornaments, I have had no trouble at all.

I decided to cut a test monogram first from the 1/2" to make sure my settings were good to go. However, using 95-100% speed and a speed as low as 2mm, I was unable to cut through the wood completely. To test this a little further, off of some advice I cut a basic 2" circle from the 1/2". I was able to do this at a speed of 6mm. I then attempted to cut the same circle in all four corners of the 36x55 table. The top and bottom left cut through fine. The top right had to be pushed through, and the bottom right didn't go through at all. I have still been unable to cut the monogram or even a simple letter A in the monogram font at the 5-6mm speed range in any area of the laser. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be going on here?

Yes, I have tried a different 1/2" piece of wood, which also had the same results.