Thread: Vector Cut Thin Magnetic Sheeting?

Vector Cut Thin Magnetic Sheeting?

Hello

Was curious if anyone has successfully (and safely?) vector cut thin magnetic sheeting like that used for magnetic business cards? I'd guess the material is about 1/16" thick. By the way, we have a 35 Watt machine if anyone has settings advice?

Thanks for your help,

JB Lynn

Vector Cut Thin Magnetic Sheeting?

I have 45 watts, but I have done the fridge magnet material, also the thicker that we use for car signs, and the Rowmark lasermag. The heavier stuff we used for magnetic lettering for someone, otherwise it's just as easy to cut with a straight edge and olfa knife. For the that stuff I used 20 sp 100pw 500freq, for the fridge stuff and lasermag it looks like no one wrote down what settings were used (sorry) they were just a couple of small jobs. 100/25 for rastor on the lasermag I do have written down.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

JB,

I have a 35 watt ULS and I cut the LaserMag from Rowmark at 43p, 5.0s, and 150ppi. Works real well. If the cuts don't go all of the way through on some spots for whatever reason, it just tears apart like perforated paper. You didn't ask, but my raster setings are 40p, 80s, and 500ppi with Density 5.

I have an aluminum table and I found that I get better results if I put a sheet of steel on the table since it pulls the magnetic material flat.

Bill