Thread: LS900 Error code h04

LS900 Error code h04

I have a Gravotech LS900 60 watts and error code H04 laser fault. Anyone know what this is?

Still wondering if anyone knows what this might be?

I have a GravoGRAPH LS900, and I once got a "general laser fault" message- the problem was the power supply went bad. The only other message I gotten has been "shutter error", which is when the laser's shutter sticks and doesn't open or close properly (a shot of air to blow the dust out fixes that). I've never seen any 'codes'...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bergman View Post
    I have a Gravotech LS900 60 watts and error code H04 laser fault. Anyone know what this is?
    Hi Jay,

Did you ever find out what the H04 Error Code meant? I have the same code now and can find nothing about it.

It's not good, the 04 fault has four possibles:

1- bad power supply (which was my problem)

2- Tickle adjustment severely out of whack- this would be the 'preferred problem' as an ajustment might take care of it, but how likely I don't know. If you have an instruction manual - hard copy or on a CD, it'll explain how to adjust for tickle...

3- Faulty CPU/control board (I just had mine fixed but it was an X-driver issue, so no code- actually, no nothing, machine went dark. Was only $300-something plus shipping to have Gravo repair it)

4- Bad tube...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

6. Thanks for your reply Kev,

The machine does what it should, right up to the point of firing the laser when it throws the "H04 laser fault" error.

I'm trying to help out a friend so will chase him up regarding the manual. I did find a coy of the Tickle setting instructions for his machine (LS100) online and it's quite straight forward, assuming we get that far.

I did note that it appeared dusty in the work area and will remove the back cover to check there too.

Do you have any idea of the expected tube life?

Thanks for your help,
    Rob

Tube life, what's that?

My new-to-me LS100 is about 4 years old, my LS900 is nearly 15 years old, my GCC Explorer is 13 years old, my old New Hermes Optima (Universal) is 21 years old with a 13 year old tube in it, and my Chinese Triumph 80w glass RECI is over 5 years old, and not a one of them show any signs of slowing down... Call me Mr. Lucky I guess! (knock on my head)... and for what it's worth, the Uni tube was fine when I replaced it...(a good deal came up, I took it)
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Thanks for all the replies. Mine ended up being the control board. Had to send it off to Gravotech for them to confirm and then I purchased a new one.

Here's what the code means: « 04 LASER FAULT » Fault_laser Laser General laser fault. "H" stands for Hardware, so it could have been worse. There's a pretty good tree of suspects for this, few of which are cheap or easy. How long did it take to get it back?