I'm trying to find a cataract surgeon. Here's what I'm learning.
First I talked to a trusted friend who sells eyeglasses. She says don't use DR XYZ. She told me she refers to a clinic a Dr in her office uses. It's called a laser eye surgery center. However for cataracts they don't use a laser but do the far more common traditional cataract surgery. I'm confused, so more research later I find out laser cataract surgery is new, may not be better or covered by insurance. So still looking at that.
Another trusted friend who works for many surgeons says don't use DR XYZ as well. She tells me some details and will get back to me with a recommendation.

I call a Dr who did a laser retina repair for me. He doesn't do cataracts but his office recommends DR XYZ! I Google Cataracts "choosing a surgeon" and find what seems to be an eye research website not selling anything. They say pick a "board certified Dr" and up comes DR XYZ!! Reviews at DR XYZ's website are near perfect. The other Dr's my friends have been happy with have no reviews.

I'm puzzled, but not really that much cause it's a business. What get's me is the places that sell eyewear seem to be locked into a system that keeps you coming to them. I have a whole other story that shows why online glasses are not only less costly but can get you better vision.

Just venting but I welcome feedback as well.