Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How old is elderly?

1. If you ask me, elderly is something that isn’t decided by your age but by your mental strength. My aunt, she was 79 when she participated in a marathon. She was very active and energetic. Now, that she is 90, she is experiencing some health problems. She is down with mild cognitive impairment. She is a strong woman. And she is managing herself pretty well. She doesn’t want herself to be a burden for anyone. So, she has been insisting on being admitted to some elderly care center. But we are not ready for that. She is very dear to us. But she is so stubborn that in the end, we all had to give in. So, we looked into it and found an amazing elderly care center that provides 24 hour home care, in Toronto. This way, both her and us can have a win-win situation. We can see her around and also make sure she gets all the care she needed.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 11-15-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Hard to believe but true...

Had lunch at Wendy's yesterday, and asked for the free senior drink they have. The 40 something cashier said "you look too young to get a senior discount".

I needed a good laugh.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Elderly is when you find yourself going to more funerals than weddings.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    I do have a few joints that could use some 3 in 1 oil though.
    If your joints are squeaking, you're rolling them too tight.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    If your joints are squeaking, you're rolling them too tight.
    Hi-Oh!!!!

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Blog Entries
    I am 81 and I walk 1 1/8 mile every morning. I have been doing it for years, maybe 15 years. I don't remember exactly when I started.

I read book about "fitness walking". My street is 1/4+ miles long. I don't hurt. I walk 4 lengths of the street.
    I had minor heart attack. in 2001. I have no heart problem now.

I am not aware of any physical issues. Start walking daily, no matter how far you can walk initially.

Google "fitness walking".
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 11-28-2017 at 2:39 PM.

IMMHO It's the wood that keeps us young!
    Rick