Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Live Edge Mystery Wood Kitchen Island

THAT...looks gorgeous!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Julie , The "cloudy waxy" finish is just right for bacon! Great artistic work ,I suggest a decorative storage piece that looks like an egg.

The bar top turned out fantastic.
    Chris

The glass really helps the coherence of the scheme for the entire cabinet. Congratulations on an excellent work of art.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Julie , The "cloudy waxy" finish is just right for bacon! Great artistic work ,I suggest a decorative storage piece that looks like an egg.
    I like it. Excellent conclusion, Julie, and wonderful work.

Julie,
    The counter top is truly beautiful. We can't see the "cloudy" aspect that you are referring to, its one of those things that one can only judge having experienced the look before waxing. It is a piece to be proud of both the design and execution. Despite your claims in another thread, you are both an artist and a woodworker, own it.
    Kudos-Bill
    Last edited by Bill McNiel; 02-15-2018 at 8:35 PM.

Thank you for all the nice things said. I guess I was being hyper-critical of my work. (I tend to do that!)

The cloudy-waxy appearance doesn't show up in the photos but it's pretty obvious when the light rakes off it from different angles. I have two thoughts: 1. Use a hair dryer to soften the wax and re-buff it; 2. Remove the wax with alcohol, smooth the poly finish and spray coat. In #1, I'm worried if I soften the wax and it won't buff out, then it will make #2 more difficult. No idea what to do here.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain