Thread: Carter Axe Carbide Full Size Turning Tools

Carter Axe Carbide Full Size Turning Tools

Did a search on the forum and did not come up with anything.

Watching the newest "The Highland Woodworker" video I see Carter is now in the carbide turning tool bizz.
    Wondering what your thoughts are compared to the Easy Wood tools?
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Dave, I don’t use these type of carbide tools, but it would appear the cutter on the Carter tool is the same configuration as the EWT. The handle and shaft are somewhat different, but I wouldn’t think the functionality would be much different.

Left click my name for homepage link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JKEEX3Br9I the shaft is their niche to their tool use. The shaft allows you to perform a shear cut, but basically they are EWT. AZCarbide sells them as well and I saw a demo at the Superior Woodturning Club in Marquette MI last month. The new owner of AZCarbide gave the demo. He also uses conventional turning tools to supplement the carbide. I think his demo is also an infomercial for his product.

Robert as owner of AZ Carbide i did not mean for your club demo to be an infomercial I have worked for Carter Products for the past 8 years as a tool consultant. Yes the products I used was Carter Products as they are what I know best. As you mentioned I used traditional tools also. I use almost exclusively Thompson tools . I will apologize if it was too much selling