Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Use metal or pvc for dust collection pipe?

Used metal. Was concerned about static developing with pvc. Used screws, silicone, and aluminum tape at joints. Have Oneida cyclone but still need to use shop vacuum.

2. I am in the process of designing dust collecting piping using Nordfab ducting. Would you be willing to share your personal experiences with Nordfab products?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    I choose not to spend the money on Nordfab though, that stuff's crazy expensive.
    Frank, Who did you choose instead of Nordfab?

Thanks, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Conover View Post
    My setup is all pvc and no complaints. I just don’t like working with metal ducting to begin with so I opted for pvc. Tons of fittings available, easy to glue up or tape together. Can’t go wrong with metal but for me pvc was the better option.

I did did all my the supply lines from my compressor in pvc as well, couldn’t be happier
    PVC is not for compressed air use. It will work fine for 10-20 years then it will blow up and throw shrapnel everywhere. Insurance will not cover any damage including death since it is considered a wilful violation.

I used pvc since I had a good source of cheap pipe and fittings. Do Fernco fitting work on the sheet metal pipe or do they crush it and not really seal?
    Bill D