Thread: Sawmill Creek app

Sawmill Creek app

For some reason the Sawmill Creek app disappeared off my iPhone last week. I have not been able to find where to download it again. Where can the app be found?

There was an app?

There may have been an app from some time ago, but given we are soon switching to different forum software...and that software supports mobile natively...any custom app that exists would no longer be viable at that point anyway. In the meantime, you can use Tapatalk with SMC and other VBulletin based forums to make things friendly to a mobile device.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Blog Entries
    My samsung S4 mini phone works well with Firefox to view SMC.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Ok, thanks Jim.

Blog Entries
    Never heard of an SMC App. I just use Safari on my iPhone and iPad.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

At one time there was an App. "Sometime next week, we'll start offering mobile access via the new iPhone/iPad app which will also support Android, I am told. BlackBerry users are out of luck for now."
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-Major-updates
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley View Post
    At one time there was an App. "Sometime next week, we'll start offering mobile access via the new iPhone/iPad app which will also support Android, I am told. BlackBerry users are out of luck for now."
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-Major-updates

No doubt that was the Forum Runner app that Aaron was talking about way back then. Forum Runner has not been updated by its author for some time, and it has not worked with SMC for months.
    Chuck Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    There may have been an app from some time ago, but given we are soon switching to different forum software...and that software supports mobile natively...any custom app that exists would no longer be viable at that point anyway. In the meantime, you can use Tapatalk with SMC and other VBulletin based forums to make things friendly to a mobile device.

Jim
    Forum Moderator
    was Tapatalk support removed? I was going to post a suggestion here to support Tapatalk. I can’t find SMC on my iPad app.
    Where did I put that?

No "active" removal that I know of. Using separate applications will become a moot point once the conversation to Xenforo is completed in (hopefully) the near future. Mobile devices have full, native support in that forum software.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

I’ve searched for ‘saw’ ‘sawmill’ ‘sawmillcreek’ ‘smc’ to no avail.

Looking forward to whatever changes. The mobile version of vbulletin is poor.

Blog Entries
    Open the regular version (https://sawmillcreek.org/forum.php) in any browser your phone has. and scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should seeCapture.PNG Click on the down arrow and you should see Capture2.PNG Select mobile version and you should be good to go.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I know how to use the mobile version. Just can’t post photos from it. It’s pretty basic.