So far, not impressed with the accuracy of my new machine or the "warranty" support from Boss. My machine arrived with the X-axis 5mm out -- that is, when the X/Y is homed, Y is at 0 and X is at 5mm with respect to the guide rulers (the display shows 0,0 though). Tech support said I could physically move the home sensor, but didn't advise it. Nonetheless, there isn't enough play in the sensor mounting screws to allow a 5mm adjustment. Next, they admitted that there is a way to set a home offset in the controller via Vendor Settings, but said they don't provide a password unless the machine is out of warranty. Huh? You mean I have to wait for a year for the machine to fall out of warranty before I can have a properly functioning machine? Essentially, wait for the warranty to expire before I can fix a warranty issue? Not the kind of answer I wanted to hear on an out-of-the-box defect on a $10k machine.

I'm sure that the vendor settings (Ruida controller) password is the default, so that shouldn't be an issue. My question is this -- so I don't have to fumble around the interface looking for the correct location, does anybody know where the settings for home offset would be? I essentially just need to adjust my X home offset by -5mm.