Thread: Laser Cut 5.3 and Coreldraw 2017

Laser Cut 5.3 and Coreldraw 2017

Hello! I am trying to us the "print" function in coreldraw 2017 to laser cut 5.3. When I go to print and I have laser cut open, the laser cut window pops up but there is no program in it. I have used laser cut for many years with coreldraw x3 but we have upgraded and it doesn't seem to want to work the same? I have to save as a dxf and import into laser cut. That process works but it takes a bit longer and also the process it takes to download the file takes longer. Any ideas?

This is exactly why I don't and won't upgrade any software. There may be a fix to make the new Corel work but good luck with that. Only advice I have is go back to what works...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I use both these programs. I have only ever exported and imported as dxf as the plug in never worked for me in previous versions either. I always covert text to curves first and reduce nodes before exporting, this reduces the download time dramatically on larger drawings.

Did you ever figure anything out? Your problem is somewhat similar to mine. Except my new system is windows 10 and corel x5. The program says it won't let me install on anything newer then x3. Let me know if you tried anything that worked.
    Aleta Allen

Like John, I've only ever exported as a DXF and imported into LaserCut 5.3. Not as streamlined but it seems to cut out a lot of issues. Great advice on converting text to curves and reducing nodes too, this process has served me well for 3 years now.

Good luck!
    HPC (LaserScript) LS1290 bought as an 80w, upgraded to a 150w tube/PSU.

Ray Scott told me the plugin was iffy at best in x5 so like others I just import a DXF its easy and only takea a min.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

The plugin as with the Illustrator and AutoCAD plugin hasn't worked well for years, it's always been a workaround to get it going so I don't tend to bother and just import as the other folks say
    You did what !