Thread: Out With The Old....

Out With The Old....

Well.....finally did it...been wanting a new lathe for a while now and decided to replace my 30+ year old Record Coronet with a Laguna Revo 18/36.

CAM00574.jpg CAM00580.jpg

Loved the Coronet but wanted to do bigger and better things. Haven't used the Revo yet as I'm still setting everything up. Can't wait to get started. Many thanks to John Keeton for his help in answering all my questions during the transition.....

Congrats on your new lathe! Let us know what you think of it after using it for a bit. I know John K loves his!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

It looks right at home, Barry! And, very familiar. I have turned on several different large lathes and I would make the same choice again today.

Left click my name for homepage link.

Barry, I have that lathe ( May this year ) and love it. Everything on mine check out good. The only thing was the set screw in the tail stock hand wheel came loose twice. After the second time I use thread lock and no problems since. I have had a large green maple blank and rough turned with no problem. I did add ~ 280 lbs of sand for ballast to mine and still had space to put some pull outs above the ballast box.
    I am also grateful to John Keeton, not only in regards to the lathe, but tooling and other questions.

IMG_0772.jpg IMG_0753.jpg
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Barry congratulations! I noticed the "design poster" on your wall----where did you get that?

Thanks guys...for commenting...just gluing up a bowl blank now with some accent veneers to try... Tim.. I've had that poster for years and don't really remember where I got it. I think it was included in a Wood magazine of some kind.. I thought I could scan it and send it to you if you want but it's about 16"X24" so I don't have anything to scan something that size...
    Last edited by Barry McFadden; 10-09-2017 at 6:40 AM.