Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to Upgrade my ROS...

I bought the ets 150/5 ec and love it. The vibration is minimal and makes a great finished product. Used it to make a black walnut door and made easy work of it. I would recommend it. Did lots of research about a year ago and decided on that or the mirka. Didn’t want the extra box the mirka plugged into.

After my Bosch 5" deep sixed, I bought the Festool Rotex RO125 sander and CT26 dust collector. I loved the quiet of the CT26 but the Rotex was too aggressive to replace the Bosch. So I bought the ETS125, because I couldn't justify the cost of the 150. After a while, I found the 125 to be a bit anemic and finally bought the ETS 150-3 and later the ETS 150-5 because I loved the performance of the 150-3 so much.

I used to dread sanding but no longer. I actually enjoy it, as long as we're not talking all day...

Were I to do it all over, I would buy the ETS 150-3, the 150-5 and the CT26 and never look back. Oh, and I'd add the Rotex RO90, too. That is one sweet little sander.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Like Julie, I love my ETS 150-3...it's my go-to sander 95% of the time and I have a Rotex for "heavy" work if that's needed. I bought these sanders to cure the numb hands issue I had with previous sanders and also benefited from the outstanding dust extraction and good finish. I can use that 150-3 for hours without fatigue or numbness.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have a ETS 150-3 and totally agree with Jim. I got one of the Festool PRO 5 LTS sanders and it is a little jumpy by comparison. The 3 mm stroke is great for finishing and I can remove old finishes with it as well. I don't know how the other 5" (125mm) sanders work but I highly recommend the 6" (150mm), especially the ETS 3.
    Gary