Thread: Graco Sprayer Question

Graco Sprayer Question

I'm not sure what to ask....had an opportunity to buy a Graco 700 Series Turbine Sprayer with a Turbine Gun & hoses. It looks like it's in excellent condition. Paid $100 for it. I've always used a Minwax spray can or brushed on poly. To those that know.....just what do I have? Fellow I got it from said it cost over $700. It seemed like a good deal so I rolled the dice. Any thoughts?

Have a Graco finish pro HVLP system works just fine ,been using it for about 9yrs now .Finished this with it DSCN1881.jpgDSCN1880.jpgspar varinsh

That looks great Frank! :-)

Graco generally make good quality gear. I use their industrial airless spray pumps and also their Airpro conventional guns on a diaphragm pump. $100 is a steal. You will be able to get any spares you ever need. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

Thank you Wayne...... :-)

Yep. You stole it. I got lucky and found a brand new unopened Graco 9.5 turbine on eBay for $1100. That was a substantially lower than retail. I sprayed sanding sealer on about 500sf of doors today with it.
    Buy the artisan air valve if yours can be fitted with it, the extra control really helps in getting a great finish with less waste.
    -Lud

Thanks for your help Justin!

When I replaced the air valve in my gun, the aluminum plug they had installed was VERY tightly secured. I'm a pretty stout fellow that has the nickname "Breaks with Fist" by my wife. Use the proper wrench or socket and just know that it is normal thread. Don't strip the head then have to use vice grips.
    -Lud

Good advice....I'll remember. I just got a small spray booth from Woodpeckers. Gotta try it out :-)