Thread: Construction of the Lumber Cart has Begun!

Construction of the Lumber Cart has Begun!

Over the weekend I started constructing my lumber cart! I'm building it 72" x 48". Built the frame and cut the bottom. Next I'm going to cut some dados into the bottom to hold dividers for vertical lumber.

20171001_100625.jpg 20171001_184101.jpg

Thanks,
    Steve

With a break in the weather this weekend I was able to get some work done on the cart! I routed the base to fit the dividers and got the dividers cut. Fingers crossed this week I might be able to get the dividers installed and the base attached to the support frame.

Cart Base.jpg Cart Dividers.jpg

You are making progress!

I plan to make one once I get the garage cleaned out so that I can start building out my workshop.

Where did you get the plans or are you winging it?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall K Harrison View Post
    I plan to make one once I get the garage cleaned out so that I can start building out my workshop.

Where did you get the plans or are you winging it?
    I'm not smart enough to wing it lol. Below is the link to the plans that I'm for the most part following. I've made a few modifications, mine is 6ft long by 32" wide, on the side that holds the sheets I'm going to add a peg board so I can put some light tools on it like squares collapsible saw horses, etc. and free up some room.

https://woodworking.formeremortals.n...g-lumber-cart/

Looking good Steve.

Here's one I would build if I had the space for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWEdrBdbBhg

I might just make the top portion as a removable add on for my hydraulic shop cart...........Regards, Rod.

I was able to finally complete the cart. I didn't build the A-frame section with shelves in the middle at this time as I looked at the stock I had laying around I decided to lay them flat on the cart for now. I let the kiddos have some fun painting the back board as well. I ended up going with 5"x2" polyurethane swivel locking casters lag screwed into the 2x4 torsion box. Thanks for all the help everyone.

20180708_140732.jpg

Went and put peg board on the cart to get some organization in the garage.

20181217_132815.jpg