Thread: Walmart no longer doing price matching

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I worked in retail for over 20 years. Seemed like every time we try to do something good for a shopper, someone would come up with a way to ruin it for everyone.
    We found most times when people wanted a price match it was because the original ad from the competitor was an misprint, store was out of stock. only one was available per store at that price etc......

Here is one example of a store getting scammed.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/walma...-scams-2014-11

I have never heard of a store doing price match on Black Friday deals.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

If everyone shopped at Walmart as much as I do, then the Walton family would be living under a bridge somewhere and their chef would be a Salvation Army employee. I am happy to pay more from a store that provides customer service and quality merchandise. From my experience, a lot of their employees are paid more than they are worth. There are exceptions and I know one such person.

I have never heard of a store doing price match on Black Friday deals.
    Our local Walmart did.
    My wife and I hit a Black Friday @ Walmart one year.

I was very impressed with the plan of attack the seasoned BF shoppers used.
    They went in in a group of 4 or 5.
    One of the group took empty shopping carts and went directly to the checkout area.
    The rest of the group fanned out and piked up the items they wanted, then went and dropped them off at the carts at the checkout area.
    The person with the carts separated the items & placed the price match ads with the appropriate items in the carts.

When all the items had been collected and separated, the carts were moved up into a checkout line & cashed out.

Some moved into the checkout lines while the "shoppers" were still collecting things - depending on the length of the checkout line.

It was all a very well thought out plan! In and out in under a half hour with no muss or fuss or panic.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon