Thread: Wedding gift for my daughter

Wedding gift for my daughter

First post here, I've learned a lot by lurking around! I built a couple of Adirondack chairs and a table for my daughters wedding gift this weekend....in addition to the wedding! The table is cypress with BLO finish, to make it maintenance free, I installed tile on the top, looks like wood though and will look the same in ten years! These are the 3rd and 4th chairs I have made and they are a mixture of left over cypress from my new shop and cedar I paid too much for.
    Madisons chairs.jpg
    The chairs and table

table.jpg
    The table with the tile top

shop.jpg
    Their temporary home till the wedding, outside my new shop

laguna.jpg

My work was interrupted yesterday when I spotted this "used once" Laguna 14 twelve on craigslist for 2/3 the price of new
    I was planning on buying one this week anyway....score!

Nice work! Nice shop! Nice bandsaw!

Welcome to the Creek!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Fine job. Lovely chairs to use! I made four 29 years ago from white cedar, they have lived outside for most of that and still holding up!
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Irving View Post
    shop.jpg
    Their temporary home till the wedding, outside my new shop
    Nice work and I appreciate you checking them for safety before turning them over to the new owners.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Very nice work. I have the same bandsaw and love it but it hasn't gotten nearly the use I planned for it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Very nice!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Not long after posting this I had someone from Sawmill Creek PM me about a resaw king blade they had that would fit my Laguna bandsaw. We settled on a price, I paypaled him the money we agreed on and now he refuses to ship the blade or refund the money, says he "won't pay the paypal fee" ($3.50) and "I need to get my money back from paypal"

I've opened up a paypal dispute with no answer from the seller

At this point, I don't want the blade from him, I can get it for almost the same price elsewhere but I would like my money back

What next?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Irving View Post
    Not long after posting this I had someone from Sawmill Creek PM me about a resaw king blade they had that would fit my Laguna bandsaw. We settled on a price, I paypaled him the money we agreed on and now he refuses to ship the blade or refund the money, says he "won't pay the paypal fee" ($3.50) and "I need to get my money back from paypal"

I've opened up a paypal dispute with no answer from the seller

At this point, I don't want the blade from him, I can get it for almost the same price elsewhere but I would like my money back

What next?
    Your only recourse is via PayPal and given it sounds like you paid as a normal "merchandise" purchase, you should have buyer protection on the transaction for non-shipment. The seller is required to pay the fee if they want to use PayPal and are not permitted to collect it extra from a buyer...they agreed to that when they signed up for the service.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim, that's what I've done, hopefully it will get resolved