Thread: Anybody have a Shop Smith?

Anybody have a Shop Smith?

I am having a problem with my 30 year-old ShopSmith. Is there a users group anywhere that anyone knows about?

Jim

Google it and a couple things come up. shopsmith.com/ss_forum/
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 09-14-2017 at 9:53 AM. Reason: Removed direct link to another forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hipp View Post
    I am having a problem with my 30 year-old ShopSmith. Is there a users group anywhere that anyone knows about?

Jim
    Thanks, Can't figure out how I missed it.
    T

There's also a Yahoo users group - SSusers in groups.yahoo.com. Not a lot of chatter, but lots of experienced users monitor and they'll always jump in to answer questions or offer advice.
    Dave

Nothing is idiot-proof for a sufficiently ingenious idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hipp View Post

Jim
    I have a good friend, wood and metal worker, and all around wizard who has had one for many years. If you want, I can ask him if he knows of a group or if he would be willing to answer questions - I suspect he would.

JKJ

I have one, but I bought mine new, two years ago, and have just finally finished building the workshop in the basement (well, finished with the first version, we'll see how many are to follow). All the info I've ever wanted to find about them, has so far come from the forums on their website that Frederick posted. Just like here, the members are very happy to share their knowledge. My main issue right now is trying to find the time to make sawdust. Goodluck.

I have a Smithy Ironwood which is a heavy duty version of the Shopsmith.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

There are also a couple of Shopsmith repair shops. Jacobs Shopsmith Repair Shop has a good site. I am thinking of having mine rebuilt.