Thread: Dynabrade Dynabug II?

Dynabrade Dynabug II?

Anyone got one? My old 1/3 sheet orbital bit the dust and I'm looking for a new one. Not a lot of choices. If the old PC 505 sanders were still available I'd grab one, but they're long out of production. I really like my Dynabrade random orbital sanders, but haven't ever used one of their jitterbugs.

Have you looked at Surfprep?

Looks like it is just as expensive as the Dynabrade, and I'm looking for something that can use regular sheet sandpaper.

Quite a few PC 505s over on ebay, even a shiny new one. I just picked up an old 330 the other day, awaiting delivery.

I've heard good things about the new Bosch half sheet sanders - they have apparently figured out how to minimize vibration going into the hands, and have an easy method for changing the paper, comes with a hole punch so you can use regular sandpaper. Not cheap, but less than the Festool equivalent.

Bosch OS50VC 120-Volt 3.4-Amp Variable Speed 1/2-Sheet Orbital Finishing Sander with Vibration Control - Power Random Orbit Sanders - Amazon.com

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

I have one. I like it better than electric. I use it for wet sanding mostly. Not much vibration, not terribly noisy and cuts well.

Thanks, Larry; I'm thinking about getting the basic T model with clips.