Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cup Chuck

If you want an offset chuck, why not build one? Allan Stratton build his own, it seems to work pretty good. You could check it out on his site, it's title is As Wood Turns. I don't know if anyone would be interested in building one, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
    Len

I found a video of a russian fellow making a cup chuck and then using it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxm9K3dbTV4

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Hilbert Jr View Post
    I found a video of a russian fellow making a cup chuck and then using it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxm9K3dbTV4
    Interesting lathe that converts from a wood lathe to metal lathe. Wonder if that is a shop-made conversion. I like the built-in tray that collect the metal chips.

Interesting wood insert for cup chuck. He did roughly round the wood before inserting.

Interesting tool at 8:40 and beyond.

Resulting turning was kind of crude. But not understanding the language, perhaps it was just a quick demo instead of a finished piece.

Thank you John for the well put together reminder to be nice to our headstock bearings. Of course I read those warnings when I first got the lathe but with time and memory loss it was good to be reminded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Kopfer View Post
    Thank you John for the well put together reminder to be nice to our headstock bearings. Of course I read those warnings when I first got the lathe but with time and memory loss it was good to be reminded.
    Thank you for the kind remark! I see I wrote that note over 3 years ago. My opinion today is the same.